Quinoa and chicken-stuffed zucchini boats
Healthy quinoa and chicken are a treat in these cute zucchini boats.
Consider this different approach to healthy quinoa, chicken and zucchini when it comes to mealtime.
Zucchini boats are fun to prepare (and eat!). Using a small spoon or melon ball scoop, remove the flesh from the zucchini, leaving about a 1/4-inch thick shell.
When stuffed with cooked chicken, quinoa, onions, tomatoes and cheese, they become an extraordinary one-dish meal that your whole family will enjoy.
Quinoa and chicken-stuffed zucchini boats recipe
- 3 small zucchinis
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Chicken Breast Strips, cubed
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/8 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese; reserve 1/2 cup for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a small spoon or melon ball scoop, remove flesh from zucchini, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell. Set aside 1/4 cup of the pulp (chopped) to use in the stuffing mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini pulp, cooked quinoa, chicken, onion, tomato, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Stuff chicken mixture into each zucchini boat, distributing evenly between each zucchini. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Place zucchini boats into a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is melted and zucchini is fully cooked.