Skinny up your chicken Alfredo!
Rich and creamy Alfredo sauce doesn’t have to be full of fat. Cut the fat and time in this recipe by using Tyson’s Grilled & Ready® chicken.
Using flour, olive oil and reduced-fat milk helps to cut the fat from traditional heavy-cream Alfredo recipes.
The convenience of Tyson’s ready-made Grilled & Ready® chicken slashes your cooking time, making this dish even more worry-free to prepare.
Skinny one-pot chicken Alfredo recipe
Adapted from Gimme Some Oven
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Chicken Breast Strips, cubed
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 12 ounces fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions and drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add flour, sprinkling to combine. Cook and stir constantly for about 1 minute or until a nice paste is formed.
- Slowly add chicken broth and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add milk, salt and pepper while continuing to whisk until thickened (about 1 minute).
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir to combine until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add cooked chicken. Reduce heat to low and cook until chicken is heated thoroughly. Serve over a bed of cooked fettuccine and sprinkle with parsley.