Baked scallops with cheese
Scallops are so good! If you want to a super-easy way to enjoy them, then you are in for a treat.
With the right ingredients and a simple recipe, scallops can become your next weapon to impress your guests with this beautiful appetizer. All you need is to round up simple ingredients that you might already have in the kitchen.
Baked scallops with cheese recipe
- 6 fresh scallops
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 ounces Emmentaler cheese or any similar mild cheese, grated
- Black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Pry the scallops open. Discard the top shell. (Note: If you wish you use the shells again, disinfect by dropping them in boiling water for about 5 minutes then dry them.)
- With a paring knife, cut away the side muscles of the scallops, leaving only the big white meat that is attached to the shell. Once only the white meat is clean, dislodge it from the shell with the paring knife.
- Rinse the meat and shells carefully under the faucet to take away any impurities. Pat them all dry with kitchen paper towels. Put back the meat on the shell.
- In a preheated oven of 400 degrees F, bake the scallops for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the parsley and the breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Take the scallops out of the oven and discard the water that seeped out from the scallops.
- Distribute the cheese and breadcrumb-parsley mixture in the shells, covering the scallops.
- Sprinkle each scallop with black pepper then drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.