Maple and cranberry sticky buns
When you're in a rush to make something delightful for breakfast or brunch, make this recipe for sticky buns your go-to dish. Gooey and warm, this treat will delight.
There's nothing like the smell of warm sticky buns in the oven. This recipe for maple and cranberry sticky buns smells amazing when baking and will easily wake a sleeping bunch. A mixture of cranberries and pecans dot these lovelies, and the maple flavor is dreamy!
This recipe is a not-quite homemade version of a classic treat, making it a great option for easy entertaining or a quick holiday treat.
Maple and cranberry sticky buns recipe
Recipe inspired by Real Simple
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 10 small cubes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (7.5 ounce) refrigerated biscuits in a tube
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (or according to the package directions). Place one small cube of butter into each of 10 wells of a muffin tin.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cranberries, maple syrup, vanilla and pecans. Mix well.
- Place about 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture into each of the muffin wells with butter.
- Open the dough tube. One at a time, use a rolling pin to roll out each biscuit into an oval, about 4 inches long.
- Spoon 2/3 teaspoon of the cranberry mixture down the center of each oval, to the top and bottom edges.
- Roll from the top to the bottom, then crimp each open end closed with your fingers. Bend the roll so both crimped ends meet, and crimp them together. Place in the prepared muffin wells.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the rolls turn golden.
- Remove from the oven, and immediately place a baking sheet over the top of the muffin tin while the rolls are still hot. Carefully flip the tin over. You may need to lightly bang the tin onto the baking sheet to release the muffins. The cranberry mixture from the bottom of the muffin wells will be extremely hot, so use care before touching the rolls or any of the ingredients.
- Serve warm.
Stick to this recipe for an easy-to-make treat!