Brown sugar ginger rosemary crisps
A deliciously delicate cookie with brown sugar, ginger and rosemary perfect for the holiday season!
Soft and chewy in the center... crisp and buttery around the edges! Your holiday cookie spread would not be complete without a batch or two of these brown sugar ginger rosemary crisps!
Brown sugar ginger rosemary crisps recipe
Yields about 2 dozen cookies
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at moderate speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in yolk, vanilla, gingers and rosemary. Add flour mixture and mix at low speed until just combined.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of dough about 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets and bake in batches in middle of oven until golden color and slightly crisp around the edges, 10 to 13 minutes.