Meatballs aren’t just for beef or turkey. These flavor-filled meatballs are made from salmon and topped with a citrus, dill and yogurt sauce.
These flavor-packed salmon meatballs are delicious and sure to please. We topped these mini-appetizers with a homemade Greek yogurt dill sauce that is full of fresh flavor. This fun meatball twist is perfect for any party.
Salmon meatballs with dill Greek yogurt sauce
Yields about 12 meatballs
- 1 (14-15 ounce) can skinless salmon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 zested lemon (divided)
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl add salmon, eggs, dill, Old Bay, 1/2 of the lemon zest and breadcrumbs.
- Mix together until the mixture is stiff enough to roll into balls. If the mixture is too loose, simply add a few more breadcrumbs. If you find the mixture too thick, you can thin it out with a few splashes of milk.
- Roll the mixture into 12 two-bite meatballs.
- Add to prepared baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes until lightly browned on the outside.
- While the meatballs are cooking throw together the sauce.
- In a small bowl mix together Greek yogurt, the rest of the lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve the meatballs top each one with a little sauce and a sprinkle of dried dill.