Candy cane Oreo truffles
Oreo truffles are great, but they're even better when you throw mint into the party. Covered in candy canes and sprinkles, these are the perfect holiday treat.
Oreos aren't just for dunking in milk. We used the special holiday candy cane Oreo to create the perfect minty holiday treat. The best part is that it's no bake and simple enough to make with the kids. They are going to love rolling each truffle in crushed up candy canes and sprinkles.
Candy cane Oreo truffles recipe
Yields about 40 truffles
- 1 package candy cane flavored Oreos
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- Crushed candy canes
- Holiday sprinkles
- Add all the cookies from the Oreo package to the bowl of a food processor. Process until the cookies are just crumbles and no chunks remain.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add cream cheese and Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Mix until combined.
- Scoop mixture into 2 teaspoon-size balls and roll each ball in either crushed candy canes or holiday sprinkles.
- Set onto a cookie sheet and let set up in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- The Oreo truffles will soften slightly at room temperature.
It's easy to give these delicious truffles away as an edible gift. Simply package them in clear cellophane bags and tie them up with festive ribbons and gift tags. There's nothing sweeter than candy for Christmas.