Nothing is more festive than peppermint ice cream and eggnog. We combined the two to create the most over-the-top float. This is one delicious drink.
Nothing is more festive than peppermint ice cream and eggnog. We combined the two to create the most over-the-top float. This is one delicious drink!
Eggnog isn’t just for rum. We made a homemade chocolate peppermint ice cream and topped it with eggnog. This is one creamy dessert treat that the whole family can enjoy.
Peppermint ice cream and eggnog float recipe
Yields 1 drink
- 1/4 cup chocolate peppermint ice cream
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- Whipped cream
- Holiday sprinkles
- In one short, glass add ice cream and then top with eggnog.
- Add whipped cream to the top and add holiday sprinkles.
Chocolate peppermint ice cream recipe
Slightly adapted from Allrecipes
Yields 2 quarts
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, chopped into tiny pieces
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- In a large bowl add whole milk, heavy cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
- Whisk together until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s directions.
- After the ice cream is done processing, stir in chopped chocolate chips and crushed candy canes.
- Add to a freezer-safe container and let harden for at least 4 hours.