Boozy peppermint eggnog latte with homemade candy cane syrup
Candy canes aren't just for hanging on the Christmas tree. Let them simmer on the stove and you can create a sweet and simple candy cane syrup that's perfect for coffee cocktails.
Flavored syrups don't have to be store-bought and expensive. You can simply make them at home for half the cost and all the flavor. We made a homemade candy candy simple syrup, and paired it with a little bourbon, eggnog and coffee. Could this Christmas-inspired winter cocktail get any better?
Boozy peppermint eggnog latte recipe
Yields 1 drink
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup eggnog
- 2 ounces brewed espresso
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce candy cane simple syrup
- Add whole milk and eggnog to a small saucepan. Stirring frequently on low heat, warm the mixture. If you let the mixture boil, the eggnog will curdle. If you have a milk frother or steaming wand, you can also use that to heat the mixture.
- Add espresso to your mug and stir in bourbon and candy cane syrup.
- Gently pour in milk/eggnog mixture. Gently spooning the foam on the top.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles if you desire.
Candy cane simple syrup recipe
Yields about 3/4 cup syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 large candy canes
- In a small saucepan add sugar, water and candy canes.
- Let the mixture simmer on low until the sugar and candy canes have melted and the mixture is slightly cooked down.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Store syrup in the fridge for up to 6 months.