A cranberry-orange combination makes a wonderfully fragrant flavor pairing, perfect for many baked goods. These muffins are no exception and include fresh cranberries.
This Gluten-free Goodie of the Week recipe for fresh cranberry-orange muffins is perfect this time of year. Fresh cranberries are abundant in most grocery stores, so take advantage of this flavorful fruit and add them to your baked goods. These muffins are easy to put together, and you can serve them for breakfast, brunch or at the end of the day with a cup of hot tea.
Fresh cranberry-orange muffins recipe
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Add muffin liners to a 12-count muffin tin (we used silicone liners) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking soda, salt and ginger. Add the butter to the mixture and use a pastry blender to incorporate the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and the milk together. In a separate bowl, add the orange zest to the orange juice.
- Add the milk mixture, and orange juice and zest to the dry mixture until combined. Fold in the cranberries.
- Use a spoon to add the batter to the muffin cups, almost to the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
These muffins include a fragrant flavor combo!
More Gluten-free Goodie of the Week recipes
Lemon-lavender shortbread cookies with lemon glaze
Crunchy vanilla, chocolate and coconut cereal bars
Leave a Comment