We love cheesy appetizers as much as the next gal, but we think it’s time that tired old cheese tray got an update. Instead of cubed cheddar, we whipped up this adorable cream cheese snowman! It’s not only cute, it’s delicious too!
This cheesy appetizer will be a favorite with everyone in your family, from the toddlers to the grandparents! Serve alongside your favorite fresh veggies, crackers or bread for a perfectly Christmasy app.
Festive snowman cheese ball recipe
Serves about 5
- 1-1/2 packages cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Dash yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Grated carrot, for the nose
- Black olives, for the eyes and buttons
- Cilantro, for the scarf
- Strawberry and tomato, for the hat
- Fresh rosemary, for garnish
- Black peppercorns
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, shredded cheese, mustard and salt and pepper until creamy.
- Separate the cheese mixture into three sections, each one smaller than the last. Roll each into a ball and then stack them upright, with the largest ball on the bottom and the smallest on the top.
- Place two olives on the top part of the snowman for eyes. Stick a carrot in the center and then add the peppercorns for the mouth. Wrap the cilantro around neck of the snowman to make a scarf. Place a few of the other olives on the belly of the snowman for the buttons.
- Top the snowman with a strawberry and tomato for a top hat. Stick a few fresh sprigs of rosemary under the strawberry. Stick two rosemary sticks out of the belly of the snowman for arms.
- Chill and serve with crackers or veggies!