Party planning doesn’t have to be super-complicated. In fact, you can make fancy, beautiful little appetizers in under 30 minutes, like these three pinwheels! From Nutella to pizza, there’s a sweet or savory snack for anyone!
Pinwheels are an easy appetizer to make, so they’re perfect for any holiday party, whether you’re throwing it or attending it. Three apps in less than 30 minutes? That means more time for wine! (And squeezing into that skinny sequin dress.)
Sun-dried tomato pesto and pizza pinwheels
Serves about 6
- 1/2 flatbread
- About 3-4 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- About 1/3 cup sliced pepperoni
- About 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Spread the pesto all over the flatbread, leaving about a 1 inch border. Top with pepperoni and cheese.
- Roll tightly into a jelly roll and slice into about 6 pieces. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake pinwheels for about 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Pulled pork, cranberry and mint pinwheels
Serves about 8
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup cranberry-infused cheese (we used cranberry stilton)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pulled pork
- Fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet. Spread the cheese over the sheet, leaving about a 1-inch border along the side. Top with chopped pulled pork, Parmesan cheese and some fresh mint.
- Roll up like a jelly roll and slice into about 16 pieces with a sharp knife. Place cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-16 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutella and raspberry pinwheels
Yields about 12 pinwheels
- 1 puff pastry sheet, rolled out
- About 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Spread the Nutella over the puff pastry, leaving a one-inch border around the edge. Top with fresh raspberries. Roll up tightly into a jelly roll. Slice into 12 pinwheels.
- Place cut side down on the baking sheet. Brush each pinwheel with egg and bake for about 16 minutes, or until golden brown.