Sweet red velvet flavor and crunchy Chex cereal come together to create the perfect dessert.
Red velvet cake is a Southern treat. We have taken the classic cake flavor and turned it into a no-bake sweet treat. This puppy chow can be wrapped up and given as a gift, or it can be the star of your Christmas cookie platter.
Red velvet puppy chow recipe
Yields about 5 cups
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting (store-bought is fine)
- 5 cups corn or rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup dry red velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup holiday colored sprinkles
- Add cream cheese frosting to a small bowl and microwave for about 45 seconds until it’s melted.
- In a large bowl add Chex cereal and pour melted frosting over the cereal. Lightly toss to coat.
- In a large zip-closed bag, add dry red velvet cake mix and powdered sugar. Close top and shake to combine.
- Add coated cereal to the bag, close and shake until totally coated.
- Pour into a serving bowl and stir in chocolate morsels and sprinkles.