Sunday dinner: Chicken and mushroom pies
Comforting and delicious, these chicken and mushroom pies are filled with flavor and topped with a flaky crust. These pies are much easier to make than they look!
You couldn't ask for a more comforting (and easy to make) Sunday dinner dish than chicken and mushroom pies! These pies are creamy and flavorful and topped with a flaky, golden crust that you'll want to dig into right away. Use precooked chicken to make things easy and plain Greek yogurt to keep things a little lighter.
Chicken and mushroom pies recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/3 cup peas
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds precooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed and cut evenly into 4 squares
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray 4 (8 ounce) baking ramekins with the nonstick spray and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the mushrooms, peas, shallot and garlic. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, salt and pepper along with the cubed chicken, and mix.
- Mix in the Greek yogurt and mustard, and stir, cooking, for about a minute or so. Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the ramekins. Top each with 1 square of the puff pastry, and lightly brush the egg over the tops.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the topping is golden and puffed.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to sit for a few minutes before serving. The contents of the ramekins will still be very hot, so be sure to let your guests know.
The perfect pie for dinner!