These luscious, tender and melt in your mouth pork sliders are one of the easiest things you can make. Just toss your meat, cider and seasonings into the slow cooker and let it do the work!
These sliders make the perfect weeknight dinner since they can cook all day while you’re busy at work. During the holiday season when time is of the essence, this is exactly the kind of dinner you crave. The sweetness from the cider paired with the flaky pork makes the ultimate dream slider!
Boozy apple cider slow cooker pork sliders
Serves about 12
- 1 (3-1/2 pound) pork shoulder
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup spiced rum
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- About 2 cups coleslaw (use this recipe)
- About 12 slider buns
- Place the white onion on the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the pork and top with the apple, rum, cider and vinegar. Mix in the honey, sea salt and black pepper.
- Let pork cook for about 6-8 hours on low, or until pork is fork tender and can be pulled apart with two forks.
- Once fork tender, shred with forks. Place back in the mixture and heat another 30 minutes.
- Top each slider bun with a hefty forkful of pork. Top with a few tablespoons of coleslaw and enjoy!