3 Unique waffle maker recipes
Those waffle makers aren't just for waffles, friends! Surprise your kids and picky husbands with these three unique sweet and savory recipes, all made in a waffle maker!
If you're looking for a waffle recipe, look elsewhere, because these aren't your typical breakfast goods. These sweet, savory and absolutely delicious recipes can be brunch, lunch, dinner or dessert!
Cinnamon roll waffles
Serves about 4
- 1 tube refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-1/2 tablespoons milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your waffle iron and liberally coat with cooking spray.
- Unroll your cinnamon rolls and separate. Place the rolls, one at a time, in the center of the waffle iron. Close the lid and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- While cinnamon rolls cook, prepare the icing by whisking the powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream (or milk) and vanilla together.
- Serve with a hefty drizzle of the glaze.
Waffle grilled cheese
Serves about 2
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 slices cheese (we used pepper jack)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
- Butter each slice of bread with about 1 tablespoon of butter. Place butter side down on the waffle iron and top with 2 slices of cheese. Top with another slice of bread (butter side up) and close the lid.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes total, or until the bread is crispy and the cheese is melted.
Hash browns with bacon and eggs
- 3 cups refrigerated hash browns
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half (so you have 4 pieces)
- Preheat a waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place about 1-1/2 cups of the hash browns on the iron. Close the lid and cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the hash browns are crispy and a thick crust formed on them. Try not to open the waffle maker while they cook or else it won't form the crispy crust you want.
- Once the hash browns are done, clean out the waffle maker. Preheat again and place the bacon on top. Close the lid and cook bacon until crispy, about 5-6 minutes.
- While the bacon cooks, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add some cooking spray to the skillet and add the eggs. Cook until sunny side up, or until whites are fully cooked.