Gluten-free Friday: Baked sweet potatoes with orange-yogurt topping
You might not think to bake a sweet potato, but you'll want to stock up on these sweet spuds! This simple-to-prepare dish is full of flavor.
These potatoes are glorious! This Gluten-free Friday recipe for baked sweet potatoes with orange-yogurt topping is extremely easy to prepare and make a delicious, healthy side dish. Cooking these potatoes both in the microwave and in the oven ensures a speedy process. The yogurt topping has just enough tang to balance the sweetness of the potatoes. Sprinkle toasted hazelnuts over the top for a bit of added crunch.
Baked sweet potatoes with orange-yogurt topping recipe
- 2 sweet potatoes, cleaned and dried
- 1/4 cup gluten-free vanilla Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon toasted hazelnuts (optional garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and set aside.
- After drying the sweet potatoes thoroughly, use a fork to poke holes all around them. Slice off the ends of each potato.
- Place the potatoes in a shallow, microwave-safe baking dish and cook on high for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the potatoes from the microwave dish to the aluminum-lined baking dish. Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, mix together the yogurt, orange juice, and zest. Set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. Carefully slice each potato in half, vertically.
- Place each potato on individual plates and serve topped with the orange-yogurt topping and the hazelnuts.
Sweeten up to sweet potatoes!