It’s no surprise that we love mac ‘n’ cheese here at SheKnows. And can you blame us? We decided to play around with our favorite comfort food and turn it into a creamy, cheesy and satisfying soup!
Not only is this soup made with two kinds of cheese, it’s topped with salty, crispy and oh-so-decadent pancetta! This will quickly become a rotation on your winter menu, we promise.
Creamy pancetta macaroni and cheese soup recipe
Recipe inspired by Closet Cooking
Serves about 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- About 1 cup chopped pancetta
- 1 cup macaroni noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 12 ounces beer
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Liberal dashes salt and pepper
- Cook pancetta in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, leeks and celery. Cook until vegetables are soft. Stir in the flour until vegetables are coated.
- Stir in the broth, beer and cream. Add the noodles and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to medium and cook until soup is thick and noodles are completely cooked. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Serve with pancetta and freshly ground black pepper.