Creamy pancetta macaroni and cheese soup
It's no surprise that we love mac 'n' cheese here at SheKnows. And can you blame us? We decided to play around with our favorite comfort food and turn it into a creamy, cheesy and satisfying soup!
Not only is this soup made with two kinds of cheese, it's topped with salty, crispy and oh-so-decadent pancetta! This will quickly become a rotation on your winter menu, we promise.
Creamy pancetta macaroni and cheese soup recipe
Recipe inspired by Closet Cooking
Serves about 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- About 1 cup chopped pancetta
- 1 cup macaroni noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 12 ounces beer
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Liberal dashes salt and pepper
- Cook pancetta in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, leeks and celery. Cook until vegetables are soft. Stir in the flour until vegetables are coated.
- Stir in the broth, beer and cream. Add the noodles and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to medium and cook until soup is thick and noodles are completely cooked. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Serve with pancetta and freshly ground black pepper.