There’s really nothing better than a big mug of hot cocoa during the chilly months. If you’re starting to feel the stress of the holidays and need a cocktail to cope, try one of these luscious and decadent boozy hot chocolate recipes!
These creamy hot chocolate recipes are spiked to make handling the holidays just a little bit easier and a whole lot more fun. Triple these recipes if you plan on making them for holiday parties!
Bourbon coconut hot chocolate recipe
Serves about 4
- 1 cup whole-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups regular milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Melted white chocolate (for the rim)
- Coconut (both toasted and not)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the coconut milk, regular milk, cocoa powder, milk chocolate, bourbon and heavy cream. Whisk repetitively for about 4-5 minutes or until thick and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Dip mugs into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with regular coconut flakes.
- Pour the hot chocolate into the mug and garnish with whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes.
Cookie and cocoa butter hot chocolate recipe
Serves about 2
- 2 cups milk
- 3-1/2 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2-3 tablespoons spiced rum
- Whipped cream for garnish
- 4 tablespoons melted chocolate
- About 2-1/2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the milk, dark chocolate, cinnamon stick and vanilla. Whisking constantly, mixing the hot chocolate until chocolate is fully melted, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in rum.
- Dip two mugs in melted chocolate (about 1 tablespoon on each) and pour the hot chocolate evenly between two mugs. Garnish each with whipped cream and a drizzle of melted chocolate and 1-1/4 tablespoons chopped almonds.
White chocolate and almond butter hot chocolate recipe
Yields about 2-1/2 cups
- 1-3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate liqueur
- Chopped almonds
- Whipped cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the milk, vanilla, white chocolate and almond butter. Whisking constantly, heat the mixture for about 5 minutes, or until combined and creamy. Whisk in white chocolate liqueur.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chopped almonds.