Up to your eyeballs in Thanksgiving leftovers? Instead of making a boring sandwich, why not stuff them into one of these soft and fluffy sweet potato tortillas?
These sweet potato tortillas are easy to make and can be done in less than 30 minutes. After one bite of one of these sweet and savory tortillas, you’ll never buy them at the store again. These are so perfect for those leftover sweet potatoes!
Sweet potato tortillas recipe
Yields about 12-16 tortillas
- 1 large sweet potato, mashed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Heat a large griddle or a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, mix the mashed potato, flour, olive oil, salt and cinnamon together in a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Let mix until dough is soft and elastic, about 4-6 minutes.
- Take the dough and roll into 12-16 balls. Flatten the balls with your hands so they resemble tortillas.
- Place each tortilla down on the skillet and cook until it bubbles up, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook another 3-4 minutes or until golden.