Pineapple stuffing with crispy bacon
Looking for a different side dish to add to your regular Thanksgiving spread? This pineapple stuffing with crispy bacon is a must! You’ll need to double (or quadruple) this recipe... it's that good!
This pineapple stuffing with crispy bacon is a perfect, simple side dish for turkey or ham! The hint of sweetness it provides complements all the other flavors that are customary in a Thanksgiving or holiday dinner! People will ask for this recipe, we promise.
Pineapple stuffing with crispy bacon recipe
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 6 slices firm white bread, cubed, crusts removed
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy, and crumbled
- Cinnamon for dusting on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a hand-held mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until well combined.
- Beat in one egg at a time until mixture is bright yellow and fluffy.
- Add the pineapple and bread cubes and fold together well.
- Pour mixture into a well-greased 8 x 6 x 2-inch casserole dish, dust the top with cinnamon and bake in the oven 30-40 minutes or until the sides are set and it's nice and light brown on top.
- Allow stuffing to sit for 5-10 minutes. Top with crispy bacon and serve.
Feel free to cut back the sugar to 1/4 cup if you're watching your sugar intake. It will be a bit less sweet, but still delicious!