Spiced eggnog smoothie
Frozen bananas and creamy eggnog make the base of this wintertime smoothie. We took things up a notch by adding holiday spices to give this drink even more delicious flavor.
A tasty holiday- inspired smoothie
Frozen bananas and creamy eggnog make the base of this wintertime smoothie. We took things up a notch by adding holiday spices to give it even more delicious flavor.
This smoothie is anything but boring with hints of ginger, clove and cinnamon. You can amp things up even more by adding a little rum extract, if desired.
Serve this at your holiday party for a fun twist on the traditional eggnog.
Spiced eggnog smoothie recipe
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup vanilla soy or almond milk
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- 1 cup ice
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Add all of the ingredients (except the whipped cream) to a high speed blender.
- Blend on high until the drink is smooth and creamy. Pour into 2 serving glasses and garnish with extra spices and whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately.
If you have trouble getting your smoothie to blend, add additional amounts of liquid either extra eggnog or almond milk. Add just a small amount at a time in order to help the frozen bananas and ice blend.