Tapioca pudding with coconut & raw cane sugar syrup
A dessert with all the markings of Asia in it. Raw cane sugar, coconut and tapioca cooked together into dessert perfection!
The true flavors of Asia are epitomized in this delightful dessert. Coconut and raw cane sugar unite in syrup that is then mixed with soft tapioca pudding.
Tapioca pudding with coconut & raw cane sugar syrup recipe
- 9 ounces tapioca
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- Soak the tapioca in a bowl of water for one hour. After one hour, drain the tapioca and discard the water.
- Over medium heat, boil a pot of water with the white sugar. When it boils, add the tapioca. Cook the tapioca until it becomes completely transparent. When the tapioca is cooked, drain then transfer to a strainer while rinsing. Set aside.
- Fill up 6 individual ramekins or any container with the cooked tapioca. Compact by pressing lightly with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- To make the sauce, put together the coconut milk and raw cane sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When it boils, put down the heat to low and let it simmer until it slightly thickens. Set aside.
- Serve the tapioca pudding with the sauce.