Chocolate, pistachios and gelato. These three words are like magic to all chocolate ice cream lovers!
Gelato or ice cream, whatever language you prefer, it’s still one of the most delicious ways to enjoy chocolate. Chocolate ice cream is for the child in all of us. It’s a timeless flavor that is truly great and that everyone loves. Here, we have a simple recipe that you can prepare in your own kitchen.
Rich dark chocolate & pistachio gelato recipe
- 5 ounces dark chocolate (60 percent or 70 percent), chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1/4 cup ground pistachios, plus more for garnishing
- Over low-medium heat, boil a half-filled pot of water. Put a heatproof bowl or a smaller saucepan on the pot of boiling water.
- Melt the chocolate in the smaller saucepan.
- While waiting for the chocolate to melt, put the milk in another saucepan over low-medium heat. When it is almost boiling, turn off the fire then remove from the heat.
- Mix the melted chocolate and sugar into the hot milk. Use an immersion mixer to mix the chocolate better with the other ingredients.
- Let it cool for 2 hours.
- Transfer it to an ice cream maker and let it churn for 25-30 minutes or follow the instructions of your ice cream maker.
- Add the pistachios 5 minutes before ending the churning process.
- Garnish with pistachios if desired.