A honey glaze for chicken can come in many forms, but it’s almost always delightful! This sweet-n-spicy dish is no exception.
This Sunday dinner recipe for sweet-n-spicy pan-glazed chicken will appeal to just about everyone. The pan-glazed sauce couldn’t be easier to make and it adds delicious flavor to standard chicken as it thickens during cooking. It’s just the right balance of sweet and spicy!
Sweet-n-spicy pan-glazed chicken recipe
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Sriracha or another hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, orange juice, zest, garlic, and Sriracha and whisk together. Set aside.
- If the chicken breasts are thick, place them in a large sealable plastic bag, seal closed and pound them slightly so they are uniformly about 1/2-inch thick.
- Remove from the bag and season both sides of each with the salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the chicken. Be sure they are not too crowded in the pan.
- Cook the chicken, covered, for 5 minutes on each side, or until done. The FDA notes that a safe internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees F, as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Add the honey mixture to the skillet and cook the chicken for another 2 minutes on each side. The honey mixture will thicken slightly.
- Remove and serve immediately on individual plates. Drizzle with a bit of the remaining honey mixture.
You’ll lick your lips over this this recipe!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Thai turkey sliders with peanut sauce
Skillet chili pie
Pulled chicken sandwiches
Leave a Comment