Sunday dinner: Sweet-n-spicy pan-glazed chicken
A honey glaze for chicken can come in many forms, but it’s almost always delightful! This sweet-n-spicy dish is no exception.
This Sunday dinner recipe for sweet-n-spicy pan-glazed chicken will appeal to just about everyone. The pan-glazed sauce couldn't be easier to make and it adds delicious flavor to standard chicken as it thickens during cooking. It's just the right balance of sweet and spicy!
Sweet-n-spicy pan-glazed chicken recipe
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Sriracha or another hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, orange juice, zest, garlic, and Sriracha and whisk together. Set aside.
- If the chicken breasts are thick, place them in a large sealable plastic bag, seal closed and pound them slightly so they are uniformly about 1/2-inch thick.
- Remove from the bag and season both sides of each with the salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the chicken. Be sure they are not too crowded in the pan.
- Cook the chicken, covered, for 5 minutes on each side, or until done. The FDA notes that a safe internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees F, as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Add the honey mixture to the skillet and cook the chicken for another 2 minutes on each side. The honey mixture will thicken slightly.
- Remove and serve immediately on individual plates. Drizzle with a bit of the remaining honey mixture.
You'll lick your lips over this this recipe!