Close your eyes and imagine the world’s most perfect dessert. For us, it looks a lot like this copycat Cheesecake Factory carrot cake cheesecake. Spiced cake layered with luscious cream cheese, what’s not to love?
Since dining out at the Cheesecake Factory every single time a craving for this creamy cake came along would be a financial nightmare, we decided to make our own version at home. And, gasp, dare we say, it’s even better than the original! Plus, you can totally eat it in your PJs with a fork right out of the pan. Let’s see you try that at the restaurant.
Copycat Cheesecake Factory carrot cake cheesecake
Serves about 8
For the carrot cake
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
For the cheesecake
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a springform pan (9 x 9-1/2 inches) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the applesauce, oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract together. Add the flour, apple pie spice, ginger, carrots and walnuts and stir to combine.
- In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, flour and eggs together. Beat, for about 4-5 minutes, or until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour about 1-1/2 cups carrot cake mixture into the bottom of the pan. Top with a few scoops of cream cheese. Add additional carrot cake and more cream cheese, swirl the mixture a bit to combine.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until cake has set. Let chill for about 5 minutes and then chill in the fridge for at least 1-1/2 to 2 hours.