‘Tis the season to… get buzzed on milkshakes! One of our favorite wintertime flavors is eggnog, and there’s no better way to enjoy this Christmas staple than with rum and boozy pound cake!
Boozy eggnog milkshake
You get a double dose of boozy delight in this fresh and creamy milkshake. Not only are the shakes loaded with rum, but the pound cake bites are soaked in rum, too! You’ll be singing fa la la la la in no time.
- 1 cup cinnamon ice cream
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 cup eggnog ice cream
- 1/3 cup eggnog
- 3-1/2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Dash of cinnamon
- About 1/3 cup boozy croutons
- Place the ice creams, eggnog, rum and cinnamon together in a blender. Pulse on low until thick and creamy. Pour the milkshakes into two glasses and garnish with 1/4 cup whipped cream. Top with 2-1/2 tablespoons pound cake pieces.
Boozy pound cake croutons
Yields about 1 cup
- 2 slices pound cake
- 2-1/2 tablespoons spiced rum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the pound cake into bite-size pieces and place in a bowl. Add the rum and shake a bit to soak each piece. Place in the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 6 -8 minutes or until slightly browned.