Persimmon and cranberry holiday oats
Loaded with persimmon and cranberries, this is a hearty winter breakfast.
A big bowl of hot oats is such a comforting meal on a cold morning. Filled with holiday fruits like persimmon and cranberries, this is a perfect hearty breakfast for the holidays.
Persimmon and cranberry holiday oats recipe
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (not instant)
- Pinch salt
- 2 ripe persimmons, diced and divided
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 2 cups liquid (any kind of milk, water or a combination of both)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine the oats, salt, 1 diced persimmon, cranberries, liquid and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally with a spatula for 5-7 minutes as the oats cook.
- Once thickened, remove from heat, divide into 2 bowls and top with the cranberry sauce, the remaining persimmon and brown sugar.