Pecan pie bites
Pecan pie is great, but it's even better in bite-size form. Sweet pecan pie filling and crispy phyllo dough combine to make crunchy sweet bites.
Pecan pie is perfect for Thanksgiving. However, sometimes the task of making a whole pie can just be too much. Plus when you make pie in a two-bite size, it leaves room for lots more dessert sampling.
Pecan pie bites recipe
Yield 15 pie bites
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 packages (15 count) mini-phyllo shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl add pecans, brown sugar, corn syrup and egg. Mix together.
- Add in melted butter or oil, vanilla extract and a pinch of kosher salt. Mix together until fully combined.
- Lay out mini shells onto prepared baking sheet and add 2 teaspoons pecan filling per shell.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until set.