Philly cheesesteak stuffed bell peppers
Philly cheesesteak is great but what about when it's stuffed into a delicious green bell pepper? Oh yes! You're going to love it!
Philly cheesesteaks are a classic and hearty dish. They are full of flavor and fairly simple to make. We made this process even better and low carb. We took away the bread and piled all that flavor inside a fresh green pepper. Hello delicious!
Philly cheesesteak stuffed bell peppers recipe
- 4 green bell peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound rare sliced roast beef (from the deli case)
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lay out green peppers on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet add olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot add in onions and cook until golden brown and soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thickly slice your roast beef and add to the pan with the onions.
- Quickly mix together until the beef starts to get warm.
- Remove the pan from the heat and fill each green pepper half with an equal amount of onion/beef filling.
- Top each green pepper half with a slice of cheese and bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pepper is slightly soft. Serve immediately.