Loaded sweet potato skins
These potato skins are even better than the classic dish because they use nutrient-rich sweet potatoes. You're going to love this new and improved appetizer.
There is nothing better than a big plate of cheesy potato skins. This delicious appetizer is packed with perfectly spiced sweet potatoes, then smothered in sharp cheddar cheese and lots of crispy bacon. You could not ask for a better way to start your meal.
Loaded sweet potato skins recipe
Yields 6 potato skins
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup crispy crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pierce each sweet potato a few times and bake for about 40 minutes until soft.
- Let the potato cool slightly and cut in half.
- Scoop out flesh and add to a medium-size bowl. Add milk, mash and then season to taste with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Gently rub the inside of the potato skins with just a drop of oil and bake for about 10 minutes to slightly harden the shell.
- Remove from oven and fill each potato skin with the mashed sweet potatoes.
- Top each potato with equal amounts cheese and bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.