Take boring old cranberry sauce and give it a zip! We spiced this baby up with a little jalapeño just to give it a little nip of spice.
This is one zippy cranberry relish! You can add just about anything you want to cranberry sauce, but this time we added a little heat to the party. Your whole family is going to love this spicy twist to this classic Thanksgiving dish.
Jalapeño cranberry relish
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- In a medium pot, add cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice, orange zest and jalapeño.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture starts to lightly bubble. The cranberries will start to pop and the sauce will start to thicken.
- Once the sauce reaches desired consistency take it off the heat and cool. The sauce will thicken a bit while cooling so don’t overcook, or it could set up too much.