This isn’t your usual cranberry sauce. We’re spiking it and keeping it at the adults-only table.
Cranberry sauce makes an appearance every year on the holiday table. Let’s jazz things up this year with the bold flavors of ginger and orange and add a little adult kick with some booze.
Orange and ginger spiked cranberry sauce recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepot over medium heat.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cranberries will break down and thicken as they cook.
- Transfer the sauce to a small bowl and let cool.