Amp up a boring plate of fries with spicy chipotle cheese sauce, cilantro and Mexican crema.
Spiced up french fries
Take a shortcut for dinner tonight. Make this super-flavorful dish in a hurry by using premade frozen crinkle fries. Don’t worry, we won’t tell!
Baked chipotle cheese fries recipe
- 1/2 package (about 16 ounces) frozen crinkle fries
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Chopped cilantro
- Mexican crema (or sour cream thinned out with a little milk)
- Bake fries according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan, toss cheese with cornstarch. Add milk. Turn heat to medium-low and slowly melt cheese. Stir in chipotle powder. Sauce is done when cheese is melted and silky smooth. Season with salt and more chipotle powder if necessary.
- Layer half of the fries on a serving platter. Cover with half of the cheese sauce. Top with remaining fries and cover with remaining cheese sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro and crema.