Black bean fudge
Black beans and fudge? Don't worry. You won't even taste the black beans, but you will reap all the nutritional benefits.
Fudge doesn't have to be fattening or full of calories. This healthier version is delicious and you won't believe the secret ingredient — black beans. That's right! They create a protein-rich base, and they give it a nice creamy texture. You're going to love this chocolate treat.
Black bean fudge recipe
Yields about 15 pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- Line a 2-quart dish with plastic wrap and spray with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a high-powered blender, add black beans, cocoa powder, coconut extract, brown sugar and salt.
- Mix on low speed to blend and combine until smooth. The mixture will be thick.
- Press into the prepared pan, sprinkle with coconut, press gently down on coconut and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting.