Let’s give stuffing a spicy twist! We added perfectly cooked chorizo to crusty bread and made the best spicy sausage stuffing around.
There is room at the dinner table for a lot of different Thanksgiving stuffings. You can keep it traditional by using fresh crusty bread, mix it up by using cornbread or make it spicy by adding chorizo and smoked paprika. This stuffing is packed full of smoky flavor and will be a big hit at your table.
Smoked chorizo stuffing recipe
Yields 9 x 13-inch casserole dish
- 1 pound fresh chorizo sausage
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups seasoned stuffing bread cubes
- 1-2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add chorizo and cook till browned. Remove chorizo from pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and add onion. Cook till soft, add in garlic and cook till fragrant.
- Add in bread cubes and 1 cup chicken stock. Stir to moisten bread. If it’s not moist enough, simply add a little more stock.
- Stir in chorizo, smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- Add to a 9 x 13-inch pan and bake for about 40 minutes until the top is toasted.