Why not take classic Thanksgiving stuffing and give it a little twist? This stuffing takes crusty bread and combines it with sausage, apple and just a touch of creamy Brie.
Thanksgiving is almost here, and we have the perfect stuffing for your table. This mixture of sweet and savory is the perfect balance of flavor. Plus the melted Brie adds a little unexpected, but delicious, flavor.
Sausage, apple and Brie stuffing recipe
Adapted from Life’s Ambrosia
Yield 9 x 13-inch pan
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups seasoned stuffing bread cubes
- 1-2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 5 ounces Brie, rind removed and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add sausage and cook till browned. Remove sausage from pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and add in apples and onion. Cook till soft, add in garlic and cook till fragrant.
- Add in bread cubes and 1 cup chicken stock. Stir to moisten bread. If it’s not moist enough, simply add a little more stock.
- Stir in sausage, Brie and season with salt and pepper.
- Add to a 9 x 13-inch pan and bake for about 40 minutes until the top is toasted and the cheese is melted.