Cranberry and turkey stuffed sweet potatoes
Leftover baked sweet potatoes are loaded with cranberry sauce and roasted turkey. This is one day-after-Thanksgiving dish that will rock the whole house.
After a giant meal on Thanksgiving, sometimes you don't want a big heavy leftover feast. This simple dish can be a light lunch or dinner. It's packed full of nutrients and will keep you full all day long.
Cranberry and turkey stuffed sweet potatoes recipe
Yields 1 serving
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/3 cup turkey chunks
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce
- Poke a few holes in the sweet potato and microwave for about 6-8 minutes until soft.
- While the sweet potato cooks, start warming your turkey.
- In a small skillet add turkey, stock, chili powder and salt.
- Simmer on low until the stock is almost cooked away and the meat is warm.
- Slit open the top of the cooked sweet potato and stuff with turkey.
- Top with cranberry sauce and eat immediately.