Let’s start the morning off with a big dose of delicious! How about perfectly cooked pancakes filled with chocolate chips and lots of crispy bacon.
Looking for a way to jazz up your normal boring breakfast? This simple pancake recipe packs tons of flavor and will be sure to make your day great. Even if the combination of chocolate and bacon sounds a little weird don’t worry. It’s the perfect mix of sweet and savory.
Bacon and chocolate pancakes recipe
Yields 8 to 10 pancakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat griddle to medium-high heat.
- While the griddle is heating, add all-purpose flour, white whole wheat flour, baking powder, kosher salt and dark brown sugar to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Create a well into the center of the flour mixture and add milk, egg and melted butter to the well. Stir together until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup mixture per pancake to hot griddle. Spread out mixture a bit (the pancake mixture is a bit thick) and sprinkle each pancake with bacon and chocolate morsels.
- Cook until slight bubbles appear on the top of the pancakes and the bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook until the other side is browned.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.