Fresh greens, crunchy cashews and warm chicken are the base for this delicious salad. Drizzle it with homemade ginger dressing for a quick and healthy meal.
As big fan of salads, we agree they can get boring sometimes. Here we amp up things up with Thai flavors. To save time, we used a rotisserie chicken we purchased at our local grocery store, diced it and served it warm on top of our salad. If you are not a fan of ginger opt for a peanut or sesame dressing.
Warm Thai chicken salad with creamy ginger dressing recipe
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 small shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon agave or honey
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup peanut or vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the salad
- 1 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1/4 cup honey roasted cashews
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 cup crunchy Asian noodles (found in the Asian section of your grocery store)
- 4 Thai basil leaves, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients for the dressing. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cabbage, greens and shredded carrots. Gently toss with your hands and divide between two large salad bowls. Top with cashews, diced chicken and crispy noodles.
- Garnish with the thinly sliced Thai basil and drizzle with creamy ginger dressing. Serve immediately.