Who said you had to roast an entire turkey for Thanksgiving? If you’re short on time or only hosting for a few, why not make a few of these delicious herb-roasted turkey legs instead?
Even though they may seem a bit barbaric, we love how easy these are to eat! Just grab, bite and enjoy! These are great for kids, messy husbands or anyone who loves turkey.
Herb-roasted turkey legs
Serves about 4
- 4 large turkey drumsticks
- 1 garlic bulb, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Chopped fresh basil, thyme and rosemary
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Rub the turkey legs liberally with 2 tablespoons of softened butter. Gently lift up the skin and rub 1 tablespoon of butter underneath it. Sprinkle the turkey legs with herbs, seasoning, powders and salt and pepper.
- Put the turkey legs into a roasting pan. Pour water over them and squeeze lemon juice over them.
- Roast the turkey legs for 45 minutes, then flip and roast them for another 45 minutes or until they are golden brown, a meat thermometer reaches 180 degrees F and juices run clear.