Homemade vanilla cashew butter
Roasted cashews are blended with organic coconut oil, sea salt and a hint of vanilla, creating a tasty and healthy homemade treat.
Make your own at home
Roasted cashews are blended with organic coconut oil, sea salt and a hint of vanilla creating a tasty and healthy homemade treat.
Peanut butter and almond butter are very popular these days but what about cashew butter? Here we share how simple and easy it is to make this delicious cashew nut butter right at home. Roasted cashews gives the butter a deep and slightly sweet flavor. If you are a fan of nut butters this is definitely one you will want to add to your pantry.
Homemade vanilla cashew butter recipe
Yields about 2 cups
- 2 cups roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients and process for 1 minute. With a spatula scrape down the sides of the bowl and process the cashews again. You will need to repeat this step quite a few times until the cashews are very smooth (this takes patience).
- Once the cashew butter is done, spoon the cashew butter into a clean Mason jar and seal with a lid. Store the cashew butter in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serve on toast, apples and sandwiches or add to smoothies.