When there’s mint, there’s also chocolate beside it. Try this delicious rolled ice cream dessert. The whole family will definitely love it!
When you are looking for a way to please your family with a delicious dessert using the all-time-favorite flavors, then this ice cream roll will definitely work out well. Make your own sponge cake or to make it even simpler, just buy one and go straight to spreading ice cream on it!
Chocolate and mint ice cream roulade recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces granulated white sugar (plus more for sprinkling on the parchment paper)
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped out (or 2 drops of vanilla extract)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ounces flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Vermouth (can be substituted with other kinds of liqueur or fruit juice)
- 2 cups softened (but not melted) chocolate ice cream
- 2 cups softened (but not melted) mint ice cream (preferably green mint chip to accentuate the swirls)
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla seeds and salt with an electric whisk until the mixture attains a foamy consistency and pale yellow color.
- Using a spatula, slowly fold in the flour. Add 1 tablespoon of water to help prevent cracking of the cake when you roll it.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Pour the mixture on the parchment paper and level it with a spatula.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven of 375 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
- When it is cooked, invert it on a parchment paper sprinkled with sugar. Let it cool then peel off the parchment paper from the cake. Trim off the uneven sides of the cake.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of water with 2 tablespoons of Vermouth. Brush this mixture on the sponge cake.
- Spread one flavor of ice cream on one side and the other flavor on the other half.
- With the help of the parchment paper, roll the cake carefully in the direction moving away from you. Make sure the end of the cake is underneath so that it doesn’t open. Enclose the roulade with the parchment paper and twist both ends of tightly.
- Put the roulade in the freezer until the ice cream hardens, about 3 hours. Slice with a very sharp, wet knife and serve.
More ice cream dessert recipes
Vegan cake batter ice cream recipe
Frozen banana peanut butter guilt-free ice cream recipe
Milk-free strawberry gelato recipe
Leave a Comment