Mini sweet potato pie bites
Sweet potato pie is a unique and delicious Southern dessert. Here we took all those flavors and created a bite-size version perfect for any holiday gathering.
Dessert is one of our favorite things about the holidays. Here, we took a classic Southern dessert and created fun little bite-size version. Rather than using traditional pie crust, we replaced it with puff pastry which yields a fluffy airy crust for these bites. These are the perfect treat for any holiday dessert table.
Mini sweet potato pie bites recipe
Yields about 24 bites
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large mini-muffin pan (24 count) or 2 small mini-muffin pans (12 count)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pure maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream and ground cinnamon for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and spray the muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unfold the puff pastry and cut into 24 squares (about 12 per sheet). Gently press one of the pastry squares into each cup of the muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the filling. Using a hand mixer, mix the filling until it is smooth and creamy with no lumps. With a tablespoon, carefully fill each of the muffin cups with the sweet potato filling.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the puff pastry is a golden brown color. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and serve.