Spicy bacon mashed potatoes
Throw some heat into those Thanksgiving mashed potatoes this year!
Mashed potatoes are getting a spicy bacon-studded kick this year. Your guests are guaranteed to be hooked on this fun twist on the traditional mashed potato side after the first bite!
Spicy bacon mashed potatoes recipe
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are very tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Place the butter and heavy cream into the pot and heat until the butter melts.
- Pour the mixture into the large bowl with the potatoes.
- Add the chipotle pepper, all the spices and the salt and pepper.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until they reach the desired consistency.
- Add the chopped bacon to the bowl and fold into the potatoes.