Give your kids a scare by serving this spider web pizza pie, complete with a spooky spider.
Don’t worry, the entire pie is completely edible (and dare we say, delicious!) The web is made from mozzarella and the giant spider is nothing more than a black olive. For some added fun, stick a few green olive spiders all over to scare your friends or family even more!
Homemade spider web pizza
Slightly adapted from Rhodes Bread
Serves about 8
- Homemade pizza crust (use this recipe)
- 2/3-3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 package turkey pepperoni
- About 4 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 4 large black olives
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare crust according to instructions. Roll out to a large circle that is about 1/4-inch thick. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the crust for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the sauce in the microwave or on the stovetop, if desired.
- Remove pizza from oven and spread the sauce over the top of the pie, leaving a small parameter dry for the crust. Cover with pepperoni.
- To make the web, cut the sticks in half lengthwise. Then cut them 2 more times the same way until you get thin strings. Layer the cheese over the pepperoni to make a web pattern. Cut some of the sticks in half and thirds to connect the web.
- To make the spider, cut one of the olives in half to make the head. Place one large olive on the web and stick the head directly in front of it. Cut the other olives into slivers to make legs. Place those next to the body.