Dairy-free peppermint hot chocolate
This version of hot chocolate is spruced up with peppermint flavor and is completely dairy-free making this safe for vegans to enjoy. Top it off with yummy coconut whipped cream, making it one delicious hot drink.
Who doesn't love a good old-fashioned hot chocolate? In this version we created peppermint flavored dairy-free option for those who are lactose intolerant or for those who are vegan and do not consume dairy. We garnished our hot drinks with cute little marshmallow snowmen Peeps, however if you want to keep this 100 percent vegan look for "dandies" that are vegan friendly marshmallows sold at your local health food store. Finally hot cocoa everyone can enjoy!
Dairy-free peppermint hot chocolate recipe
Inspired by colourful palate
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk, soy milk or almond milk
- 2 peppermint tea bags
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Raw agave for sweetness
- Coconut whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Crushed peppermint candies (double check ingredients if vegan)
- Snowmen Peeps or dandies vegan marshmallows (optional)
- In a small pot over medium heat, add the coconut milk along with the peppermint tea bags and the cocoa powder, mixing well.
- Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat. Allow to sit 3-4 minutes and remove the tea bags.
- Divide the mixture between two mugs. Top with coconut whipped cream, crushed peppermint (optional) and a snowman Peep or a dandies vegan marshmallow. Serve immediately as it's best when hot.