Shock your party guests with this ridiculously silly and a little bit nasty barfing pumpkin!
Get ready to see the look on their faces! Halloween is all about unexpected things… this barfing pumpkin is just that! We made a simple queso chili cheese dip because not only is it a party favorite, we think it looks especially gross! Any of your favorite dips will do!
Barfing pumpkin with chili cheese dip recipe
- 1 small to medium pumpkin carved like a Jack-o’-lantern, inside scooped clean
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can of your favorite store-bought chili (or make homemade!)
- 4 ounces corn (if desired)
- Tortilla chips
- In a medium-size pot, over medium heat, begin to heat the chili. Once warmed through, add cheese cubes and stir until well melted. Stir in corn and simmer on low to keep warm.
- Place a small bowl or ramekin inside the pumpkin, slightly tilted at the mouth (a toothpick inserted behind the bowl will help secure it and keep it tilted). Place another shallow bowl at the base of the pumpkin’s mouth.
- Place some of the warm dip in the shallow bowl at the base of its mouth and then carefully spoon some dip into the tilted bowl inside the pumpkin. (Alternatively, you can omit the bowl inside the pumpkin and just spoon some dip into the bottom of the pumpkin and coming out of its mouth into the dip bowl.)
- Serve with chips and a skeleton throwing up salsa by its side (if desired).
If using a small tilted bowl inside the Jack-o’-lantern, make sure the top cut of the pumpkin is large enough so that it fits through. You should decide on your bowl before carving so that you can achieve the best barfing effect.